So, you have done it. You did the deed. You got married! All the intense preparations, grueling rehearsals and premarital jitters are over. But alas! Another problem rears its head, something else to contemplate. What about changing name after marriage? Do I have to?
· Simply keep their own name – make no change at all
· Keep their own name in professional situations only – otherwise they use their husband’s name
· Fully adopt their husband’s name - their own name becomes their maiden name
· Hyphenate their own name with their husband’s – all of that becomes their last name
· Use their own name as their middle name and adopt their husband’s last name –they have to be willing to drop their middle name
· Ask their husband to take their name – the entire family name becomes that of the woman’s